instrumentalist and pedagogue
Ana Kravanja is a member of the successful music group Širom, where she plays on a multitude of traditional, classic and hand-made musical instruments. As an improviser on the violin, she collaborated with numerous Slovene and foreign musicians and dancers: Samo Kutin, Tomaž Grom, Irena Tomažin, Vid & Jošt Drašler, Andrej Fon, Ina Puntar, Tea Vidmar, Tijana Stankovic, Noid, Matija Schellander, Susanna Gartmayer, Aleksandar Škorić, Margarethe Maierhofer-Lischka, Henrik Olsson, Raphael Roginski, Ryuzo Fukuhara, Lotus Edde Khouri, etc.
She creates original music for theatrical performances, films, animations, narratives, poetry, dance and visual arts. In 2013, she conceived the Glacies project in which musicians play on shelves from refrigerator. Between 2012 and 2016, in the duo Najoua with Samo Kutin, she created music for fourteen calimbas and recorded two records. She is one tenth of Olfamoštvo.
· Ana Kravanja & Tijana Stanković – Trkam, kličem, odganjam / Kucam, dozivam, teram (self-publishing, 2019)
· Širom / Yoshio Machida – Kače čakajo modro nebo, mrzla cesta, prekmalu zame / Snakes waiting for blue sky, cold road, too soon for me (samozaložba, 2019)
· Širom – Lahko sem glinena mesojedka / I Can Be a Clay Snapper (Glitterbeat / Tak:til, 2017)
· Širom – I. (ZARŠ in Klopotec / Amorfon, 2016)
· Najoua – Deveteronog (Klopotec, 2014)
· Samo Kutin & Ana Kravanja – Ni ravno najboljši kraj za pristajanje na drevesih (Samo Kutin, 2013)
· Najoua – Tojevsekarsespomnim (Klopotec, 2012)
· Ana Kravanja & Marko Karlovčec – Vraščanje / Ingrowth (Botanic Records, 2012)
· Solo: Ana Kravanja – prepared violin
· Ana Kravanja & Tijana Stanković – prepared violins and voices
· Ana Kravanja & Tea Vidmar – voices
· Ana Kravanja and Samo Kutin: Ana Kravanja – violin, viola, ribab, balafon, percussion; Samo Kutin – begena, hurdy gurdy, hand-made musical instruments and sound objects
· Širom: Iztok Koren – banjo, three string banjo, bass drum, percussion, bells, balafon, objects; Ana Kravanja – violin, viola, ribab, cünbüs, kheychak, balafon, objects, voice; Samo Kutin: hurdy gurdy, ikitelia, lyre, balafon, one string bass, ring drums, bras, objects, voice
· Workshop for kids:
Samo Kutin and Ana Kravanja – Zveneča uganka (music and theatre of shadows)
Samo Kutin and Ana Kravanja – Klicanje dežja po afriško (folk instruments from Afrike)
Samo Kutin and Ana Kravanja – Smetiščni orkester (hand-made musical instruments and sound objects)
· Workshop for adolescents and adults:
Ana Kravanja and Samo Kutin – Music Accompanying Narrative, Pripovedovalski festival, Maribor (March, 2015)
Ana Kravanja – Vocal improvisation within the Terra Vera Society, at Youth Exchange Clowns with borders, Bela krajina (June, 2016)
Ana Kravanja and Samo Kutin – Music improvisation, Cmak Club, Cerkno (March 2019)
· 2017 – Nacional award for animation “Sonolenta” by Marta Monteiro (Ana Kravanja – vocal), Festa Mundial da Animação, Lisbona, Portugalska (2007)
We Point Out
Glacies is a name for a project, where different musicians perform on refrigerator shelves. Partly improvised composition Tinitus was performed at Neposlušno festival in Ljubljana on 13th November 2014.
Idea and concept: Ana Kravanja
Musicians: Andrej Fon, Tea Vidmar, Samo Kutin, Jernej Babnik Romaniuk, Cene Resnik, Vid Drašler, Boris Janje, Ivo Poderžaj.
Video: Zavod Sploh, Tadej Čavševič